Monday, April 26, 2010

The Voice in Us

I found a "friend" that being with me for years.

"Hi, my "friend", Little Shen." Yup, his name is Little Shen, and he live in no other place but within me. In my body and in my soul. He know me very well and he will step in whenever I need him. He is my problem solver, trouble shooter.

When problem come to me, he will give me all source of advices and try his very best to assist me in escaping them. "You are not ready! You can do it tomorrow. This is not meant for you." These are his favorite quote for me.

After I introduce him to you, do you feel that you know someone like Little Shen in you as well? It maybe a "he" or "her" but it doesn't matter because they serves the same functions for us, which is run away from problem. I have a question and I wonder about it for sometime as well, what's bring this "friend" to us?

The answer is F, E, A, R....FEAR.

Our fear is so great that it can lead us to create this inner voice unconsciously by protecting us from obstacles, escape ourselve from challenges. However, it leads us to stop growing, moving forward and grab the opportunity in life because we have to gain all these qualities by going through challenges and obstacles. Definately, Little Shen is my inner voice and it really impact my life for so many years.

Last Sunday I been to a conference and one of the speaker told us to imagine a senario as below:

"How if one day when we wake up from bed, we not longer afraid of anything, how much can we get extra from what we have today?"

Instantly, he throw out another question to us: "How much do you lost by lived your life in fear in the past 5 years?" "1 million?" All of the audiences raise up their hand. "2 million?" some of the audiences put down their hand, and I drop my hand as well. 7 million, 10 million and the figure gradually increase and the number of hands that raise gradually decrease from the crowd. "100 million" the speaker said. There is only 1 hand is still up. "Now we know who is the biggest loser in this hall!" Yes, he was trying to show us how much our fear can impact our life. Because of our fear, we going to destroy thousand of opportunity and million of money. This is what we lost by listening to the inner voice in us, which create by our own fear.

In order to stop losing opportunity and succeed in the future, we must face our inner voice without fear, do not compromise with all the avoidant approach that he/she use on us. Identify them and bring them to the conscious, look at them and SMACK them out if they block us from opportunity.

Let's stand up together and say NO to our FEAR!!!

1 comment:

Syl said...

Aiyo little Shen is just the inner child la. U wanna SMACK him down? Kesian kesian.

Just teach him and help him to grow la. He can still be a great friend. Once - long ago, he may have "protected" u from harm - by making u more cautious.

Today, maybe he can be ur greatest encourager. He will always be there with you even when the rest of us fail to be there.

Cherish him - but bring him to be on par with u la .. as u grow -- so too will he .. and as he grows, so too will u :)